Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why I hate Dubai

Oh, fer Pete's sake! I love this city, so it offends me deeply when the powers that be get the simplest of things so spectacularly wrong. Today's fail:

Gulf News this morning carries a bold, well-written half page ad drawing attention to the burning issue of consumer rights and protection. This is important in Dubai, as many, many retailers ride rough-shod over their customers, denying responsibility for faulty goods and generally behaving with cavalier disdain for the rights of those foolish enough to buy from them. Personal experience, big time.

So, as a dissaffected consumer, I immediately typed the URL into my browser. See, the ad worked! I not only read it, I acted on the information. Kudos to the agency who created it.

And so it was with a crushing sense of despair that I read those dread words on screen "This site is under construction. Please come back on Mach 1st".

Come on guys! It's not rocket science. Either get the website ready, or don't run the ad. Don't mess with the lives of the very people you're supposed to protect.

Or is that too complicated for you? Honestly, this city. Sometimes it makes you weep.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Hana said...

I hate when anyone says I love the city..I love dubai...love what?? Are u lying and try to impress some people here??

What rights can an expat exercise here? if they think you are a criminal can u fight back? NO WAY! The locals are always right..no argument wt the authority or you will go to jail! You are judge by your look here...A policeman didn't believe my nationality and refused to look at my passport because to their opinion I don't look like someone from the country I was from! How humiliated! several incidents here make me wanna leave this country this very minute! but I can't until all clearance are given. Thank GOD i hv no bank loan...smart! only little things like the credit card, phone bills and what not.How stupid! some dispute wt the bills can delay us for weeks and delay our plan.this country is so stupid!

I can't wait to leave this house with a terrible condition that majority of the asians that r too scared too complain live. I can't wait to say bye bye to the sickening of never ending construction all around dubai and especially the one that is right infront of the street I live now. Do they give a damn to the opinions of the residence living here? They DON'T! they don' give a f**k when they parked the crane, the bulldozer,the trucks right infront of our houses! It's a nightmare! can we complain? we did but no one listened! the police take sides...since the company belong to some well known family in this EMIRATE.

HATE THIS PLACE TO THE MAX!!!!!

2:13 pm  
Blogger Romana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:21 am  
Blogger Romana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:55 am  
Blogger Romana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:18 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:45 am  
Blogger Anna Torv said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:42 pm  
Blogger Clover Pass Resort said...

Fishing is an exhilarating and fun activity that you can perform any day of the week with your friends or even along.

Alaska Fishing Lodge

9:32 pm  
Blogger Mai said...

الامين للصيانة
صيانة غسالات بدبى
فنى غسلات بدبى
خدمات دبي

5:53 am  
Blogger Mai said...

الامين للصيانة
صيانة غسالات بدبى
فنى غسلات بدبى

6:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home